ECOLOGICAL PROJECT (AMAZON COLIBRÍ PROYECT)
Volunteer Program In Olaya Ecological Reserve
The manu national park located to the south east of Peru between the regions of cusco and mother of god, very important part of the Amazon basin. In 1977 it was declared by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve in 11987 recognized as world heritage of humanity. Our volunteer program is presented as a good opportunity for those who want to know and learn more about this wonderful rainforest and for the people who want this important work of recovery and preservation of this wonderful place. Knowing that in principle it will be of direct benefit to the local people and benefit to humanity since we are contributing to stop the deterioration of our planet.
This eco-tourism project is located within the cultural area of the manu national park a reserve with an incredible biodiversity of flora and fauna, as well as various ethnic groups that inhabit its forests. The various activities we do is at our eco lodge (Amazon hummingbird lodge); to open new roads in the forest, to build shelters, to plant and to plant timber trees and other useful plants (to recover the forest) to monitor species of flora and fauna in the place, and a good opportunity for people interested in research of flora and fauna. The idea is that they reach their own expectations during their stay.
This volunteer program was created with the purpose of promoting the active and voluntary participation of people from all over the world in the development of various activities programmed in our project, so that you could join this program to support us in the works which we currently carry out, according to their possibilities and abilities, in the various jobs we do. This program consists of establishing a minimum stay of 15 days in areas where our project is established and can be prolonged permanently, according to their will and interest, and according to the estimated budget. Participating in this project means supporting each other. They will not only help us in the jobs, they will also have the opportunity to do biological studies as each volunteer sees for convenience, excursions, visits to places of interest in their free time.
Works to realize
- Open trails,
- plant timber,
- perform gardening,
- reforesting the forest, census and monitoring register species of flora and fauna in the area, build tourist lodges, help in the kitchen, make biohuertos of vegetables etc.
Benefits for Participants
To visit and to know of special interest in the proximities to the project area, possibility d interchange, customs ideas, knowledge with the people of the whole world and with inhabitants of the place, to be in direct contact with the nature.
- Ground transportation in public service cusco-manu-cusco food during their stay at the project site, tents mats, savannah and pillow, kitchen staff.
- Food during the trip cusco-manu-cusco extras not included, does not include travel insurance
What Should It Take?
- Lightweight long-sleeved clothing and long pants, sandals, towel, bathing suit and personal medicine.
- Daily backpack and luggage backpack.
- Binoculars and cameras with zoom.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Insect repellent at least 10% deet.
- Sunglasses, sun block and hat.
- Flashlight or lamp.